Welcome to the Meany Winter Carnival page
As all Meanyites know, Meany is all about family (yes not only about skiing or snowboarding), and in
this vein Meany starts the season with Holiday Week and ends with Winter Carnival. This family
centered weekend featurea fun and games for all ages and sizes.
During the day on Saturday, we're planning a lot of outdoor activities between breakfast and after
You should have seen it after the launch!!!
For young ones, snow sculpting (or,depending on the weather, ice sculpting...). A chance to unleash
the inner artist in all of us. Also a scavenger hunt - colored ice-cubes strewned around the lodgee.
Find them turn them in for prizes (and no haggling with prize coordinator
And yes that is a young Alexina, Grace, James, Louise among other Meany Kids.
For all ages, the every popular s'smores
Stephen. center, Meany's Official S'more taste tester
For the more "in your face Meanyite", we have our versions of Olympic Winter sports events. The
Ski-cross, (the Kirkland 500), various downhill and Slalom races (don't ask you need to see)
The trill of the challange
There is no minimum age for "in your face Meanyite"
Finally we have the annual Dummy ski/snowboard competition,
for more images and videos on the 2011 dummy
After the usual fantastic Meany dinner, and prior to dessert, the evening entertaining begins.
You can see how limber you are and enter the Limbo Contest
Or you can sign up or watch the talent show
Juliana & Madi performing an updated version
of Abbot and Costello's "Who's on First" - "Buying a
The evening's entertainment ends with viewing of world premier videos from our own production
- Yeti Production Makers of Chuckisms
- Teddy Production Makers of the horror series Teddy & Teddy's Revenge
- Duct Tape Prodution - Art Freeman's own Downhill trips
To make reservations, click on
Meany Winter Weekend. In the window "I
wish to buy a ticket for", scroll down and select the either of the last two dates (Friday or Saturday)
then click "begin order"
The following is the proposed schedule for activities (and at Meany it is always in flux)
Meany Winter Carnival Schedule
- 7:00 pm, Cat leaves Crystal Spring Parking Lot
- Get lodge ready: - yes sadly this means work
- 8:30 am, Early cat leaves parking lot
- 10:00 am, Later cat leaves parking lot
- 10:30 am, Ski:- once the tows are running
- 11:00 am, "Dummy Jump"
- 12:30 pm, Lunch
- 1:00 pm, Clean up: - tows and activities start after kitchen is clean
- 1:30 pm, Races at the ski hill - Jim Fahey
- 4:00 pm, Games/Activities at the lodge
- Snow sculpture
- Ice cube scramble
- 6:30 pm, Dinner
- 7:00 pm Kitchen clean-up
- 7:30 pm, Evening Events
- Meany Film Festival:
- Meany Talent Show:
- 10:00 Lights out in Dorms
Sunday - Note all times are PST, we don't fiddle with clocks at Meany
- 7:30 am, Lights on
- 8:00 am, Breakfast
- 9:00 am, Kitchen clean up - tows and activities start after kitchen is clean
- 10:00 am, Races at the ski hill
- 1:00 pm, Lunch
- 1:30 pm, Lodge and Kitchen clean up,
- 1:45 pm, Last turns of the season
- 3:30 pm, Tom Cat departs for home